It’s finally here! The Forest has finally received the co-op update patch! It’s been noted that as of now you can only group up with one other person, but they are already talking about expanding that number. Is PvP in the future for this game? I suppose time will tell. Here’s the notes:
Here’s our first pass at co-op multiplayer implementation, expect bugs!
We’re really excited to see what you guys think and hear any ideas you have for either additional game modes or additions to the current mode! – As this is a first iteration we’ve limited this mode to 2 players but expect to increase this in future patches.
As always, please continue to post your bug reports and feedback in the Discussions area of the Community Hub or send them in to email@example.com
Version 0.09 Changelog:
- Slowed down tennis ball throw massively so players can play catch together on beach
- (multiplayer)Server configuration screen – This will automatically tell you your public ip address – This is temp, server browser or better Steam integration coming soon!
- (multiplayer)Chat box – Press enter to type messages to each other – This is temp and may be buggy!! Voice chat is coming soon! (we’re modeling walkie-talkies)
- (multiplayer)Player texture variation, run around with your survivalist buddy!
- (multiplayer)First pass at player respawn system, on dead try and find way back to body to collect your belongings
- Fixed bug where building a bench could cause save games to break
- Fixed female skin being too dark
- Rest of skinny animation variations added
Saving in a multiplayer game will save over single player save game, allowing you to continue progress but not as a multiplayer game (working on fix for this currently)
Destroying partially built items can be glitchy! Try not to destroy structures you haven’t placed yourself!
The above notes were released yesterday (Monday the 10th), and today there was a small hot fix added to address some of the bugs found with multiplayer:
Version 0.09b Changelog:
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where building a Bonfire/Standing Fire/Fire Pit could cause game to crash
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where traps wouldn’t reset correctly (rabbit trap, 3 enemy trap types)
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where destroying blueprint/ghosts could cause client or server to be kicked from game
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where rock holder/log holder/log sled use/construction could cause clients to be kicked from game
- (multiplayer)Fixed bug where if Host alt-tabbed out of game client would be kicked almost instantly
- (multiplayer)Fixed bug where having max rabbits or lizards in inventory and trying to pick more up could cause client to be kicked from game
- (multiplayer) Fixed bug where molotov could crash/kick players from game
- (multiplayer)Hopefully fixed issue where client/server pc camera would intermittently turn completely black – this one is hard to track down, let us know if still occurring.
- (multiplayer)Fixed missing enemy sound effects for client player (may still not appear in some cases if client is very far away from server player)
- (multiplayer) Fixed issue where picking up a fish would destroy player and crash server
I’m stoked to see this finally implemented and can’t wait to try it out. Unfortunately I think I only know one player with the game, so I haven’t tested any of this out yet. I will get back to you guys when I do. If you read this and play the game and would like to try out co-op with me, let me know in the comments!