One quick note before I begin: Is anyone that is using Google Chrome having issues with WordPress? The past few times I have begun typing up a post, in mid-sentence the page seems to lock up, and the field where you enter your text becomes unresponsive. I’m curious if it’s something to do with the browser or something to do with the site. It happened again as I was typing this post, and it’s a little frustrating especially because the draft is only saved every few minutes. If you type as quickly as I do, you can lose large chunks of text between saves, if it decides to crash. Hoping it isn’t just me. *
In my as-of-late-typical-style, another bullet post with some updates on my life:
- Christmas was pretty good this year, I made out fairly well. I ended up with a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PS3. I also ended up with a $20 PSN card, with which I purchased a copy of Dead Nation, which is an awesome zombie shoot-em-up. It is very similar to the “Dead Ops Arcade” mode in Black Ops, albeit a bit more fleshed-out. There’s even a bit of character customization. So if you enjoy the mini-game, you will most definitely enjoy a more in-depth version. There were other assorted odds n ends to be had, but those are those most noteworthy.
- I’ve had plenty to do gaming-wise, besides the new titles I just mentioned, Uncharted 2’s 4x cash for the end of the year has kept me coming back for more. Unfortunately having new games means I don’t necessarily want to play it as much as I would normally, but it’s still been a draw. Currently I am level 57, and am hoping to hit at least 60 before the event is over. Now that I’m running dual negative boosters, the cash is coming in a lot faster than it used to. Once I hit level 58 it should increase a bit more, because of a new negative that will be available to me. Luckily I have until November of next year before Uncharted 3 is released, so I shouldn’t have a problem maxing out before then. Because really, if I was maxed out already I probably wouldn’t really have a reason to play the game anymore.
- I thought a couple of weeks ago that my Green Bay Packers were on the brink of a losing season, with no playoff hopes. The whole season we have been riddled by injuries to key players, and things were still looking ok, because our player depth is pretty amazing. But after some key losses, it was clear we wouldn’t be winning our division. We still looked good for a playoff spot, until a couple other losses made it seem almost impossible. That changed today. We needed this win. We throughly destroyed the Giants, 45-17, and as such made a tie-breaker so that if it came down to it, we would go to the playoffs and they would not. We aren’t in the clear though, we still have our final regular season game, and it’s going to be a must-win. In a divisional game against the Bears, in the final week of the season, we have our destiny in our own hands. With a win we will advance to 10-6, a game behind our record last season, but still break into the post-season. And that’s what I’m hoping for. With the team we have, we are a major threat in the playoffs, and could very well take it all the way to the NFC title game, and even the Superbowl. I think we can do it, and I think it’s going to be a great year to be a Packer fan.
- My last bit of news is the happiest. Me and Hollee are officially back together. I haven’t really gone into detail here about what occurred when we broke up, what has happened since, or how we came to be back together. I’m not going to go into excruciating detail, but we never really stopped talking, and yes it was pretty pointless for us to have split in the first place. But from my understanding of humans, and relationships, sometimes people need time to take a step back and think things through. I would sound cocky if I said that I kind of knew that it would come back to this, and you know what fuck it I will be cocky. I knew it would happen eventually, and that’s partially why I never really tried to move on or get past it. She is the one for me, and I knew if I stuck it out and suffered through it, that I would get what I deserve. So I’m happy. Now I just need a job and things will sort themselves out.
I have a couple other posts I’m working on right now, this was just the current event one. Stay tuned for a year-in-review post, and a 2011 predictions post.
* I started typing this up in Internet Explorer after WordPress crashed 3 or 4 times. I haven’t had an issue since. Apparently there’s some sort of conflict between Wordpress and Chrome. You have been warned.