I had an epiphany of sorts when it comes to myself, and what I’ve been going through as of late. It’s a feeling I’ve had before I’m sure, and I’ll probably come to this point again in my life. As of now, I’m attempting to avoid contact with exs and the like, because moving on is something that has to be done alone, and retaining those contacts makes it that much harder to get over it. So despite the fact that nothing has really change and there isn’t a reason for me to be angry at said parties, I am going to try and focus on me. That means getting a job and getting back on my feet and not succumbing to the urge to see familiar faces that will drag me back down into the abyss. I have some great friends and my family has been very supportive, so I have to focus on the important stuff and the more meaningless things will fall into place. With that said, on to some bullets:
- This holiday weekend Uncharted 2 is having a double cash weekend, along with a Lab (experimental game type), and to keep with the festive spirit, Doughnut Drake and Lesaravic skins (fat boys). I have made the most of it while I have had downtime from other activities and am now almost level 52 in the multiplayer. Just a couple more levels and I can finally get negative boosters, so I can earn more cash on a regular basis, although it would be nice to have that boost for the double cash weekend itself.
- Me and my brother-in-law started playing Sacred 2 as I mentioned previously. We started out with a Shadow Warrior (me) and High Elf (him) duo in the co-op, and it was working fairly well, but we have since learned much more about the mechanics of the game. We decided to try out some of the other classes, and rolled a Temple Guardian (me) and an Inquistor (him). We managed to play these characters beyond the level of the first duo, rounding out around level 11. We both decided these characters weren’t for us, so we ended up rolling a brand new duo consisting of the first classes. It sounds retarded, but having learned more of the game, we ended up bank rolling and twinking out this new duo, and are now sitting at level 12 with no signs of going back. The game is immensely fun in the co-op mode, and I find that playing it single player probably would be lacking at this point. Again, it reminds me of MMOs.
- Speaking of MMOs, the bro-in-law has been playing the free to play version of LOTRO, and had a lot of positive things to say about it. I briefly played the game back before it even had an expansion, and I own a copy of it which I have yet to activate for the free month of play, so I have been toying with the idea of giving it a whirl. I’m able to play MMOs more readily when I don’t have a significant other, and lord knows I have a lot more time on my hands. We discussed many of the facets of the game and decided on a workable duo, but I’m not sure when I will delve into that. I’m not sure if I’ll still get my free month either, but if it’s free to play I guess that really doesn’t matter.
- I got tattooed for the first time since July, and although I still need to get that particular tattoo worked on, I decided to go with a new one. I got “nerd” on the inside of one wrist, and “life” on the other. Yes, it’s pretty gangster, you don’t have to tell me.
- I watched The Expendables last night at my sister’s house. It was standard action faire, and despite the ridiculous cast it was ho-hum. I enjoyed the action scenes but it was lacking boobies.
- I was told by my buddy Keith that he got me a Christmas gift, and I have a feeling it might be my own copy of Black Ops. I know that he went Black Friday shopping, so he must have gotten a deal. I’m ready for a new game to add to my library, and Black Ops multiplayer is up there with Uncharted 2. I was bummed to not be able to go Black Friday shopping this year, although I have never gone before this year there were deals on things I really wanted. Alas.
I think that’s about all I have for updates this time around. The holidays have been great thus far and life is beginning to look up again. Maybe next time I post I will have more good news.